Comments Off on Testing Methods Involved In Web Services Applications
Web Services: It is the mechanism of communication through which two applications will exchange the data irrespective of their underline architecture. Web Services are XML based information exchange system which uses the internet for direct application to application interaction. It is a collection of open protocols and standards which is utilizing for exchanging data between application and system.
Need for Web Services
In modern technology, if you want to build a Software Application, you don’t need to build each and everything from scratch. There are a number of readymade services available which can plug into your application and start providing services in your applications. Web services are known as Software application using HTTP and SOAP protocol. It can implement in several ways, the following two popular implementation approaches such as SOAP and REST.
Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP): It uses the XML format to send, receive the request and the data is platform independent data. SOAP messages can exchange between the providers and receiving the application within the SOAP envelops. SOAP uses the simple HTTP transport protocol, and its messages are not got blocked by the firewalls.
Representational State Transfer Architecture (REST): It is an architecture which generally runs over HTTP. REST support both XML and JSON format. Usually, it may prefer for mobile and web apps as it makes work faster and smoother.
Web Services Description Language (WSDL): WSDL is an XML language which is utilizing top describe the services which offer by a web service.
Web Services Operation
As a matter of fact, it enables Communication Projects among several applications which can install on different devices.
- HTML page to send the request and may receive the response through HTTP and HTTPs protocol
- XML is used to tag the request and response the data
- SOAP refers to transfer a message over the web
- WSDL describes the availability of web service
Testing in Web Service
It is a testing of web services and its protocols such as SOAP and REST. Web services testing can
- Manually Testing
- Create own automation code
- Use an off-shelf automation tool
Web services testing involves such as
- WSDL file definition understanding
- Web service provides the operations
- XML request message format which sent as the SOAP request message
- XML response message format can receive a SOAP response message
- Finally, the simple local tool or test program which can send XML message request and receive the request as an XML message
In the final analysis, there are several components in the web services testing such as SOAP, UDDI, and WSDL. The web service testing is mostly concentrating on web service Request and Response model.