Web Services Projects: It is a piece of software which makes itself available over the Internet and uses an XML messaging system. XML is used to encode the communications to a Web Service Projects. Particularly, it is a modular, a dynamic application which can describe, publish, locate, over the network to create products and supply chains. As a matter of fact, it is an XML based information exchanging system which use the internet for direct app to app interaction. These systems can include such as programs, objects messages, and documents.
Components of Web Services
The components of web services such as
- Simple Object Access Protocol – SOAP
- Universal Description, Discovery, and Integration – UDDI
- Web Services Description Language – WSDL
It is the standard which addresses security when Data Mining is exchanged as part of a web service. In fact, security is an important feature in web application. Since almost all web app are exposed to the internet, there is always a chance of security threat to web applications. Therefore, when developing web applications, it’s still recommended to enhance that the application is designed and developed with security in mind.
Best practices to secure API
Keep it simple: Secure an API- just how secure it needs to be. Every time you make the solutions more complex unnecessarily.
Always use HTTPs: Using SSL, the authentication credentials can be simplified to a randomly generated access token which is delivered in the user name field of HTTP Basic Auth. It is relatively simple to use and to get a lot of security features for free.
Use password Hash: Password must be hashed to protect the system even if it is compromised in a hacking attempt. In fact, there are many hashing algorithms that can prove really effective for password security. For examples such as MD5, bcrypt, scrypt algorithms.
Steps to build secure web services
- The first step is to create an Asp.net web application. In visual studio, click on the menu option File -> New project.
- Choose the C# web template for Dot Net Programming web application. The project has to be of this type in order to create a web services project. By choosing this option, visual studio will carry out the necessary steps to add required files which can require by any web application.
- Give a name for your project and then make sure to give a location, where the project files will be stored.
- Then, going to add a web service file to our project.
- Finally, the code defines the function of our web service.